welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Still creeped out?


As many times as we’ve read about dealing with oppressive spirits, I’m surprised by my gut reaction to spiritual conflict:  I still fight fear.  Or, at least, being creeped out to an inordinate level… 

The thing that got my attention was this, in the last paragraph:  When fear is controlling a believer, the Spirit of God is not, and Satan has the upper hand.  Fear of the enemy and faith in God are mutually exclusive.

So apparently I have room to grow in my faith here… 

Realizing that the outcome depends entirely on God goes a long way towards boosting my confidence.  If I focus on myself, and what I might be doing wrong, I sink like Peter in the sea when he took his eyes off of Jesus.  Do I trust?  Yes; Lord, help my unbelief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.