welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Monday, December 5, 2011

Equal distribution

The poor clarinet player…  High school and rejection just seem to go together, hand-in-hand, don’t they? 

Instead of reliving those experiences, though, today I was remembering reading through the gospels as a high school junior or senior.  I can remember reading what Jesus said to the Pharisees, priests, etc., and thinking to myself, Don’t say that, Jesus!  Then they won’t listen to you!  I was embarrassed for Him.  Even though I knew the end of the story, I didn’t want Jesus to be rejected. 

Jesus knew what we’re learning:  we’ve already got love and acceptance.  We don’t need to go looking for them.  Jesus carried the sense of who He was when He came to earth; I want to carry that same sense of identity with me after I’ve been with my heavenly Father. 

I love this from Neil today:  God has not equally distributed gifts, talents, or intelligence, but He has equally distributed Himself.  Our sense of worth comes from knowing who we are as children of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.