welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Nothing is impossible


Today, Neil uses absolutes:  His [God’s] goals for you are possible, certain, and achievable.

He reminds us of what the angel told Mary:  Nothing will be impossible with God.

What are His goals for me?  For starters, He has put me into a specific family, neighborhood, and church; He has directed where my kids go to school.  In each of my spheres of influence, starting (and most importantly) with my family, that I be the best wife, Mommy, daughter, neighbor, friend and mentor I can possibly be.

I spent part of Christmas Eve-day at the Urgent Care – yes, I’m sick on Christmas.  I expected to wait for hours, but instead, I was greeted by cheerful front desk staff members, treated kindly by a nurse, and met a very sweet doctor who took good care of me. 

And I made a point to thank each of them for working on Christmas Eve.  I know, they probably enjoy the overtime, but my guess is they would rather have been with their families.  My point is just that God has made me who I am so that I can be a blessing wherever I go.  Sometimes, the assignments will be small, like thanking someone; other times, they will be big and scary. 

As the angel said, Nothing is impossible… 

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.