welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Controllers


On my first reading of today’s entry, I thought, Wow – this is hard core world culture – I’m not sure how to relate!  I don’t know too many people who are the climb-the-ladder-at-any-cost type, although I know they’re out there.  

Reading it again, though I zeroed in on the word:  control.  In my circles, people aren’t cutthroat (they’re mostly nice).  I do, however, run into people who have control issues.  On occasion, I am one of them.

I know we’ve explored control issues on past days, and the conclusion was that insecurity is what drives us to want to control what’s around us.  We’re uncomfortable and fearful because life is unpredictable.

What I’m seeing today is that the thing we fear is, at its core, rejection.  Makes sense, right?  I’d rather have you focus on what I’m doing than on who I am.

Keeping this in mind will help me deal with the worst offenders.  And hopefully, if I really take it to heart, it will help me not be one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.