welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Picking on children


Yesterday, we talked about fear and spiritual conflict.  As I read through today’s entry, I quickly moved from tinges of fear to anger.  Who would pick on a child like that?  It’s not that I expected anything good from the devil, but that’s pretty low. 

So my eyes were opened to the scale of the plan against our families and our kids. 

I’m encouraged by what Neil had to say, though:  A child’s best defense against demonic attack is his simple, trusting faith…  Furthermore, your children have the added protection of being under your authority.

I’m reminded of how very important it is that I pray daily for them to provide a spiritual covering.  And I’m thankful that God answers those prayers, even when I’m not sure what to pray. 

I’m also reminded to pray for discernment as I work with my kids.  If something is amiss, I know the Holy Spirit will alert me.  I intend to be paying attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.