welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year’s Eve


Today, Neil wraps up with the second part of our foundational statements.  I intend to keep these pages handy and use them often during 2012.

And speaking of 2012, as the end of this year has come to a close, I’ve been reflecting a bit on how this little project has impacted my life…  For sure, it’s challenged me in matters of discipline and writing, but those were minor goals.

Over the year, I’ve had to dig in and really own the idea of who I am in Christ.  I’ve been grounded again in some of the basics of my faith; I’ve had renewed perspective on the truth of spiritual battle.  I’ve been healed and inspired as I’ve heard God’s voice speaking to me.

I’m still contemplating the direction for my blogging in 2012…  It may be obvious, but I won’t be trekking through Neil’s devotional again (although it was a wonderful experience).  Stay tuned – I will update this blog with my future intentions in a week or so.

How about you?  I know it’s been a while since we’ve had comments (which was cool – I heard from several of you that you were reading and enjoying while remaining anonymous), but I’d love to hear just a couple of lines from you if God has spoken something to you during this year.  

I wish you a blessed 2012 – may God continue to tend the seeds of His word so they can produce lots of fruit.  Love and grace to you - Happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.