welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

No fear


Sometimes Neil gives information I wasn’t necessarily looking for…  It’s helpful, though, to have the facts and be prepared with a plan.

Have you ever been awakened in the night, at 3am or otherwise, sensing a presence?  If I have, I can’t remember it.  I did, however, experience a fearful wakeup of another kind…

My husband was away on a business trip, and I hate being alone, especially at night.  In the middle of the night, I was awakened out of a sound sleep by what I thought was someone pounding on my front door.  Thinking it through in the light of day, intruders don’t usually knock, but at the time, it was terrifying.

I sat up in bed, listened for all I was worth, and then said out loud, “God, if someone’s out there, please show them the enormous, big, burly angel you have guarding my house.” 

And then it hit me:  if I was so sure that the angel was there – God was diligently protecting me – what did I have to be afraid of?  Instantly, the fear was gone.  I laid back down and went right back to sleep.

Neil’s steps are:  Consciously place yourself in the Lord’s hands, resist Satan with the spoken Word, and go back to sleep. 

I’ll log that away, should I ever have to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.