welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hope

The year I graduated from college, I spent Christmas alone.  My parents were living in Colorado, my brother flew out to be with them, and my boyfriend flew to Oregon to visit his family (thanks, hon!).  My roommates had flown home to see their families.  My aunt and grandma lived close-ish, and I spent an hour or so there on Christmas Eve, but I was sick, and nobody who’s 80 needs to be around sick people. 

Even at the time, though, I was thankful that circumstances were what kept me from being with family…  I did have a loving family, and many people who spent Christmas alone don’t.  It sounds weird, but in a certain sense, I was glad for the experience. 

Am I still willing to walk in someone else’s shoes, even in this joyous season?  For me, the lights and carols were a sweet irony that year.  For folks who are alone or in painful circumstances every year, well…they are the ones who need hope.

Jesus came as a light in a dark world.  I want to be that light to the hopeless around me…

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.