welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Friday, December 2, 2011

The lost princess

Since the last time we looked at this issue of mistaken identity, I’ve watched the movie Tangled about a dozen or so times, and love the way it plays out for this analogy.

Rapunzel is a princess who, as a baby, is kidnapped by an evil woman who pretends to be her mother so she can use Rapunzel’s magical powers to stay young forever.  As you might imagine, Rapunzel gets raised by a woman who feigns affection, but her every motive is selfish.  It’s pretty tweaked, poor girl.

Spoiler alert:  the climax of the movie happens when, inevitably, Rapunzel realizes that she is the lost princess.  The power her not-so-very-much mother had over her is broken as Rapunzel pieces together what has happened.

The happily-ever-after is that Rapunzel is reunited with the king and queen, her real family, has a week-long welcome home party, and goes on to rule the kingdom with grace and kindness.  And oh, yeah, she gets the guy.  (Did I mention?  At least 12 times…)

In our world, the father of lies manipulates us and keeps us living a life that’s far below what our true Father ever intended for us.  We may as well be emotionally abused captives in a very tall tower, living in constant fear.

Once we see ourselves as we really are – the princess of the kingdom (or prince, if the shoe fits), transformation is total and permanent. 

Thank you, Neil, for the reminder today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.