welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

January 2, 2010


The first sentence got me:  Trusting God for tomorrow is a question of our worth.  Lots of times, I don’t feel like I’m worth very much!  What a good thing to pick apart and see how very much God thinks I’m worth (you, too, by the way).  When I think of how much I love my kids, I get it a little bit.  Sometimes they worry about things, and I’m thinking, how silly!  I’ve got it all under control.  Maybe God thinks the same of me.

And God providing for my needs isn’t about me – it’s about Him!  It’s not what He might do for me, it’s who He is.  If I do my part, He will do His; therefore, I need to do those two things:  obey, and trust.  So simple, but so huge.

Here’s Matthew 6:33 in the NLT:  …He will give you all you need from day to day if you live for Him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern.

3 comments:

  1. I once read that I should not worry and I should give my concerns to God because He will be up all night anyway!
    I try to live my life this way, not perfectly by any means I still struggle with it daily. I am a planner and a worrier and I decided about a year ago to let God have the worry and He has helped me through some major struggles, I think partly because I handed them over.
    I was glad for this devotional today; I always like to be reminded to trust God with today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never lost sleep because of worry...that is just not how I am wired, but I do worry about things all of which are out of my control. When I give a worry to God it usually goes like this: Here God. 1 minute later I start thinking on it again. Oh, right, here God. 3 minutes later I start thinking on it again...you get the idea and finally I actually give it up for good.

    I know that God values me much more than birds and flowers and I know that when He says he will do something it isn't a promise from a mere human it is a statement of who He is all the time and He is just letting me know in a kind of BTW thought you should know this about Me.

    So, know these facts for years and putting them into practice are two different things. I have some more practice ahead of me this year.

    Lord, help me hunger and thirst after You and Your righteousness every day so that I will be satisfied as Your Holy Word promises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "God's will is that we live responsibly today and trust Him for tomorrow. Are we people of little faith, or do we really believe that the fruit of the Spirit will satisfy us more than earthly possessions? Do we really believe that if we hunger and thirst after righteousness, we shall be satisfied?"

    This section of today's devotional is smacking me upside the head!! Trust means to release...to let go and not take things back. Again, I can relate to Loren--here, Lord take this...but what happens if this happens??? Then I begin to fret and worry about what I just gave to the Lord!! I also struggle with being content with what I have--I wonder if God's fruit will satisfy me more than earthly possessions. I often wonder if/when God will meet me when I "hunger and thirst" for him.. but have I ever really hungered for him?? God, help me to hunger and thirst for you more, and to be more satisfied by your Spirit and your presence this year!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.