welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

January 1st - Happy New Year!


It’s January 1st!  If you haven’t already, you can visit www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist and read today’s entry from Daily In Christ by Neil and Joanne Anderson.  Don’t forget to share your comments below…  Thanks!

On to today’s entry…

I’ve never flown a plane – I’ve flown in a small plane, though, and the description of that young pilot’s landing was terrifying!  What a clear example, though, of the Holy Spirit in our lives. 

The connection between the pilot knowing (practically memorizing) the manual and the air traffic controller being able to bring that to bear was cool to me.  It’s the difference between the stuff we know in our head, and what we can actually put to good use, right?

Somewhere in that exchange, I see that I have a responsibility in the extent to which the Holy Spirit can guide me!  Wow. 

I’ve shared what God has put on my heart for this year (above, in the intro stuff).  How about you?  And, what in today’s entry hit home with you?  What's on your heart for 2011?

3 comments:

  1. I am no pilot but I have flown flight simulator games and when the game puts you in fog you can't see anything but the instruments and it requires you to look at the gauges and believe them completely. I really like the analogy of the flight manual and the Word of God. If I don't know the rules and the lingo for flying then when the traffic controller guides me I still will be in the fog and probably sweating like a pig with a white knuckle grip on the stick.

    My goal this year is simple...to renew my connection to my heavenly Father. I may add to it as the year goes on but for now just simply spend consistent time with Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I am so excited about going through this devotional with you Michele. Thanks for setting this up!
    Second, today's story touches me most when Neil Anderson says the Holy Spirit guides us through the maze of life, like the air traffic controller in the story guided the pilot, and he can guide us based on our knowledge of God's word.
    You expressed what I was thinking when you said how exciting it is that I have responsibility in the extent the Holy Spirit can guide me. That really touched me today and I will open my heart this year and work to prepare my heart for his guidance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are two things that resonated with me in today's reading: 1)"'I'm going to put you on a holding pattern,' the controller radioed. Great! thought the pilot" How many times have I complained about holding patterns?? Too many times I forget why God puts me in holding patterns-- just like at an airport, there are other planes that are taking off and landing as our plane wants to come in--if we don't go into the holding pattern, we could end up crashing and hurting ourselves or others. God, help me to see my spiritual "holding patterns", whenever they may come, as gifts of care from you because you don't want me to crash!!!

    2) "He can guide us if we have a knowledge of God's Word and His will established in our minds" Like Loren, I want to spend consistent time with the Lord, no matter what goes on in my personal life. I need to connect with the Lord through His word and pursue Him more intentionally in individual prayer.

    Looking forward to sharing this blog with all of you!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.