welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

January 15, 2011


What time period or event in your past do you look back on as the good times?  Were you part of a group of friends, a team, a cause?  What are the sweet memories as you look back?

Now that I’ve got you waxing nostalgic, if you’re like me, those good memories probably have to do with close relationships.  And food.  Okay, and some crazy road trips.  But mostly, relationships.  Some were times spent working together on a missions trip or a church remodel, and some were just a combination of people in my life who were my closest friends.

It’s the church girl’s version of everyone shouting “Norm!” when I walk into the bar.  (If that makes no sense, it’s a Cheers reference…)

When I boil it all down, for me, the best it gets here on earth is a good, healthy friendship.  Marriage is a great example, and I’m so blessed to be married to my best friend (hi, honey!).

Reading today’s entry, it all makes sense – we were created for relationship!  One of our deepest needs is to know that we matter – that we have significance in the world – and Adam and Eve totally had that! 

Neil makes a list of the things we all need:  eternal life, identity, purpose, significance, security, and a sense of belonging.  What Adam and Eve had and threw away we’ve been looking for ever since.  It’s no wonder – it’s like we’re not running well because our engine is missing some parts! 

Only in heaven will we truly experience these things to the fullest; what we have here on earth, however, is a down payment on that promise. 

Ephesians 1:14:  The Holy Spirit is God’s guarantee that He will give us everything He promised and that He has purchased us to be His own people.  This is just one more reason for us to praise our glorious God.

2 comments:

  1. The good times I look back on always involve those I love and those that love me. Lots of crazy road trips for sure are included.

    I am thankful today that I have the opportunity to have a close and personal relationship my creator. It has been an amazing experience for me.

    I grew up in a church much different from WellSpring, we did not have direct conversations with God. This causes a much more formal and distant relationship. I love being able to sit in silent prayer and know God is with me and He wants to meet me there to be with me and He misses me when I don’t show up, how incredible.

    I get it now, we ARE made for relationship. I am so thankful for my WellSpring family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Eternal life, identity, purpose, significance, security and a sense of belonging are all attributes of mankind created in the image of God."

    I am so thankful to God that he gave us these attributes to begin with, and allows us to experience them again when we walk in relationship with His son Jesus. I am also grateful for a great church family at WellSpring that gives me a sense of belonging.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.