welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

February 5, 2011


Dearly loved children

Romans 8:16 is one of my favorite verses.  Here it is in the New Living:

For His Holy Spirit speaks to us deep in our hearts and tells us that we are God’s children.

It’s on such a deeply personal level that our Father deals with us.  Not only has He laid out in His word that we are accepted and loved, He has His Spirit whisper those things to us, deep in our hearts.  Wow.

And lest we see Lydia as waaaay over there (in terms of experience, and her conclusions), let’s just check in…  What awful thing have you done recently?  What things did you allow yourself to feel or say about who you are afterwards?  If you’re like me, you’ve got a long way to go in terms of not condemning yourself…

Our sin points to our need for Him; in our weakness, He is made strong.  In our surrender, we give up the idea that we can do it on our own, so even when we blow it – on a big scale or a little one – He brings about His purposes in us. 

May we hear His Spirit whispering those things to us today…

1 comment:

  1. Michele – I like you r spin on this one. Lydia is a way out there story. But you brought it back to practical.

    I don’t relate to that story of felling evil. I do however, relate to the times I need Jesus, when I sin and find myself at His feet asking for forgiveness. I am strong when I am weak; I spent a lot of time realizing this fact. I like it when I am that close to Jesus, fully broken and surrendered, but for me those times have been the hardest ones of my life. I don’t want to go there because it is pain filled so I need to get better at being fully surrendered in my everyday life.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.