welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Monday, February 21, 2011

February 21, 2011


No Freedom Fighters here

I must confess…  I fear off-kilter (and possibly well-meaning) demon chasing people much more than I fear spiritual warfare.  I’m pretty sure how to deal with the warfare, but the people who are off base, not so much…

I appreciate today’s reminder, though:  don’t focus so much on the enemy – that’s not the point.  Who our enemy is doesn’t define us.  When we give so much attention to the attacks of the enemy, it’s misplaced, and distracts us from God, who deserves all our attention.

I love the image of a spiritual Freedom Fighter.  I’m picturing a dramatic costume, and a cape.  (No capes!)  And Neil hits the nail on the head:  It’s truth which sets you free, not the knowledge of error.  There’s a lot to that statement! 

For today, Lord, may I have Your perspective on the spiritual forces at work in my life.  May I bring light to dispel darkness…

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Neils posting today (ok, I actually read it last night). I love the reminder to be kingdom-centered, ministry-centered and God-centered. Stay focused on the gift giver, not the gift (BTW, has anyone else found that your fingers don't type what your thinking so well when it's a half an hour before Oh-dark thirty?)

    My favorite though is the reminder that we are not called to dispel the darkness but to turn on the light (Cue "This little light of mine"). Our job is to shine the light of truth, His job is to move the darkness! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele I can picture the off kilter demon chasers you are talking about, great image.

    I was thinking about the 70 followers Jesus sent out and the way they reacted after they were able to get demons to respond to their command. I think I would have had a similar reaction. It must be quite a power trip to see demon possession and be able to get the demon to listen to the command of God through your voice. I would have needed the rebuke of Jesus as well to understand it is not as important as having your name written in Heaven.

    Also glad to be reminded that I would not have any authority at all if it weren't for my identity as a child of God.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.