welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Friday, February 18, 2011

February 18, 2011


The battle is on

Leave it to Neil to figure these things out…  I picture him taking apart that verse (and dissecting the human anatomy) just like he’s troubleshooting a circuit board.

So the battle is on (cue dramatic music)…  It’s my spirit vs. my flesh; the eternal part of me vs. the part that will die someday.  And the battleground is…  (wait for it) …my mind.

My mind is the control center where, based on the information I have, I make all my decisions.  So it makes sense to me that if I flood it with truth – reading God’s word, listening to His Spirit, hearing sermons, etc. – the intel in my head will lead me to make better decisions.  That’s how I learn the discipline of grabbing an errant thought and shoving it in the recycle bin.

It’s not on account of me, but because of the power of Christ in me, that this is a winnable war.  And I’m so thankful for that today.

1 comment:

  1. Neil is always dissecting things and he gets all the way down to the core too.

    I believe what he says about my mind being the battle field is correct. ( I thought it was that Pat Benatar song from the 80’s love is a battlefield, whoa whoa whoa…)jk.

    I experience much battling with my mind when I am tired. It is at those times that old things, that have haunted me and I have already solved or moved past, come back to me for a re-visit. I learned at a got older that this is a form of temptation. It is the same old tired thing coming back to bother me and it is over! When I am tired I need to rest not run this thing through my mind over and over.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.