welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

February 20, 2011


Letters to God

A couple of things hit me as I read today’s entry…

First, I love that in the first letter, the young woman was so free to express her feelings.  They were really hard to read, because I felt for her – who of us hasn’t felt abandoned?  And writing those things out gives us a measure of freedom from them. 

But she didn’t stop there.  She pursued emotional health, and how awesome was it to hear the response she had written herself?

The second thing I saw was that that while the first letter was based on what she felt, the second was what she knew.  So often in me those two things are at war, but at the end of the day, God is who He says He is.  That truth is life-changing.

I’m so thankful for a God who’s always there for me.

1 comment:

  1. Love the second letter! Wish it was mine, it sounds like it could pour out of my heart too. The truth is that letter belongs to each of us and God has given it to us in the Bible.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.