welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Monday, February 14, 2011

February 14, 2011


The Father’s love
(Happy Valentine’s Day!)

Whether or not you had great parents while you were growing up, the idea of a loving parent is something we can wrap our heads around.  Even if your mom and/or dad didn’t give you the love you needed, probably you know someone who is your example of a great parent.  God’s really good about putting those people in our lives…

So much of my relationship with God makes more sense to me now that I’m a parent.  It’s kind of funny – my kids are still young enough that they think I know everything.  (!)  To them, it’s great comfort that whatever the situation is, Mom can handle it.  I see how comforting it is to me to know that my heavenly Father has things well in hand, no matter how out of control they feel for me. 

I love my kids simply because they are mine.  Sure, they are amazing and wonderful – and yours are, too, right? – but that’s not why I love them.  There’s no length I wouldn’t go to in order to keep them safe and make them feel loved. 

God the Father feels that way about me.  (and you, too.)

I have to adjust my thinking.  I tend to see God’s love through my eyes – I’m the child, and I just don’t get it.  Like Karl in the story, I honestly struggle with insecurity at times.  I’ve been known to try to hide, or to hide my deep, dark feelings from God. 

And in the end, His love draws me back, and teaches me, and heals me.   

1 comment:

  1. On this Valentine’s Day it is especially good to hear how much our heavenly father loves us. Whether we are in a good place, or in rocky place it is so good to remember He loves us no matter what.
    This made me remember being little and looking at my dad as the all knowing guy. I felt so safe with him and I listened to every word he had to say to me. It is wonderful to picture God loving me that same way, but even more! His loves is so very healing.

    I saw this on Facebook today, it was touching, and I wanted to share it.
    You may or may not receive a paper Valentine today, one from a greeting card company, or one hand-made of red and pink construction paper stuck together with paste. But you are the recipient of the best Valentine ever - one that shines like rubies, one that is bright white and blood red.
    In Christ, God sent us the ultimate Valentine.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.