welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Friday, February 11, 2011

February 11, 2011


Faith

When we start to talk about faith, I think about the words we use:  I want to grow in my faith, or I wish I had more faith.  Maybe:  I don’t have enough faith to believe that miracle (or whatever) can happen…

What we get from Neil today kind of turns that thinking on its head.  My faith isn’t so much about what I contribute as it is about the thing or person I have faith in. 

The illustration of having faith in someone who has failed me made sense – I wasn’t the problem, yet I was the one to suffer the loss.  And comparing that with the constancy of the solar system and the fact that gravity won’t suddenly go away – God is even more faith-worthy than the physical laws of the universe!

So the part of faith that does have to do with me is the extent to which I will trust God.  In relationships, we have control over how much of our heart we give to another person, even in a friendship.  We can be all in, or we can keep one foot out the door.  Because He is exactly who He says He is, God is worthy of all my faith.  He may go against my expectations of Him, but He will never be untrue to Himself.

My prayer today is that I keep sight of who He is, knowing that changes everything.

1 comment:

  1. Michele you always are able to pick up the heart of what Neil is talking about.

    When I think about how much I trust the planets, like the sun rising or the seasons changing or the ocean tides, I really am comforted by the steady reliability of them.
    God is soo much more faithful and reliable because He made the planets and the sun and the oceans. So using these as an example of His faithfulness and reliability why doesn't everyone who sees the sun rise, or enjoy a warm spring day in April and a cool day in November see God in all His glory?
    Thank you God for being faithful and for always being the same yesterday, today and forever. There is great comfort in that stability.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.