welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

February 10, 2011


Praying for spiritual blindness

Prayer is the secret weapon in reaching people for Christ.  Ok, Neil calls it a primary weapon, but we’re all about the superheroes at our house…

How often do we pray for the lost in an abstract way?  Or how often do I pray for someone who’s unsaved, but in a general way?  This is so specific – that blindness would be gone.  The truth sets people free. 

One thing I love about prayer is that it puts me in touch with the fact that while I may really want something to happen, I am powerless.  But when I pray the same thing that God is thinking – and His Holy Spirit helps that happen – He takes over. 

So, sure, it’s necessary to plan for how to reach out to people who don’t know Christ.  But all of our best efforts will fall short if we forget prayer. 

And the same goes for strategies for teaching people, specifically at church, in Sunday morning service, in care groups, wherever – our plans aren’t nearly as important in effecting change in people’s lives as the prayer that goes on beforehand. 

So let’s get prayin’…

3 comments:

  1. Satan is trying to keep all of us blinded; Christians and non-Christians. I am having an "aha moment" that my prayers to soften people's heart on a Sunday morning is good, but I should add prayer to remove blindness in non-Christians and in myself too. God wants me to ask for my blind spots to be cleared away by His Holy Spirit...He is not gonna do it until I ask. So, the circular logic problem I find myself in is this: I have not asked for my blind spots to be removed because I was blind to the fact that I had blind spots! Confusing?

    But thanks to the reminder in today's blog I am set free from my blindness of my blind spot. Cool! and Thank You, God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to pray for specific things. I pray for people and events and even for God's blessing. But I needed reminding to pray for spiritual blindness. It is very abstract, but spiritual warfare is very important.

    Loren said it best! “I have not asked for my blind spots to be removed because I was blind to the fact that I had blind spots.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Our evangelistic strategy must include authoritative prayer that God's light would penetrate satanic blindness."

    An often overlooked prayer strategy--it may help to remember that unsaved people have "scales" on their eyes--just like we did--and prayer removes those scales. Lord, remove the scales from the eyes of my family, coworkers and friends who need you so they may see you clearly and be drawn into a relationship with you.

    "We need to pray for each other continually that Satan's smoke screen of lies will be blown away and that our vision into the spiritual realm will be crystal clear. Lord, remind me frequently to pray against the deception which the enemy uses to block my vision of Your will for my life." Let us continue to pray for Breakthrough at Wellspring--monthly, weekly and daily so that our church (and I) can clearly see you and follow you all of our days.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.