welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

February 23, 2011


It’s about relationship

I had to laugh as Neil talked about a marriage based on rules…  (well, really, they’re more like guidelines…)  Engineers.  Life’s pretty black and white.  Thankfully, though, it sounds like he figured out how to do the marriage thing!  J

This I love about today’s reading, though:  sometimes we’re tempted to measure our spiritual life by someone else’s, but in reality, just like every relationship is different, my spiritual life won’t be just like yours.  That’s cool!

Like we’ve already said, there are certain things that will keep that relationship growing, just like all plants need water and sunlight.  And dirt.  We neglect those to our own harm. 

But in all else – how we express ourselves in worship, how we pray (I loved the phrase about prayer – it’s the language of your relationship), even how we think about God – we get our own flavor.

I’m looking forward to seeing what the next few days hold.

1 comment:

  1. Even though I love rules (I am just wired that way) I can appreciate the value of a relationship not dictated by a formula. I like the rigidity of a formula to solve a problem, but that is not how relationships work. When I try to follow some formula or set of tasks to have relationship it seems distance and sterile to me and on the flip side when I really let myself relax and just “be me” then I have the best relationships. I imagine we are going to learn this is the same with worship and our very walk with God, when we relax and act like ourselves the relationship follows.

    I look forward to reading about the walk with the Spirit and walking with God.

    Oh yah and I really like the verse in the beginning that says the law of the Spirit of life trumps the law of sin and death and sets you free through Christ.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.