welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Some guidelines for me

It seems to me that what Neil is doing today is taking the principle we’ve been working so hard to grasp – that Christ’s work on the cross makes us totally and completely into something that’s new and spotless – and showing us how to apply it to those around us.

We’ve read (and written) at length about the lies of the enemy who speaks condemnation to us in our vulnerable moments.  It may be a surprise that, believing ourselves to be working on God’s behalf, we were that voice to someone else! 

The bottom line is a relief to me:  I’m not responsible for someone else’s sin.  I appreciate the guidelines Neil set out:

     • confront something that I’m a party to, that I’ve seen
     • address the behavior, not someone’s character
     • hold a friend accountable in a way that brings restoration, not condemnation

You may be like me – I hate confrontation.  Having a clear picture of what my responsibility is, though, gives me a little more confidence.  Thank you, Neil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.