welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Friday, September 23, 2011

Don't fear the darkness

The unknown is always scarier, right?  Even if reality is pretty awful, the things we imagine are far worse.  This is why horror movies are still around, right?  What’s that sound?  Don’t open that door!  (In the interest of full disclosure, I don’t actually watch horror movies – they’re yucky.)

Focusing on the evil part of demons freaks me out, honestly.  But if I imagine a military strategy session (again, full disclosure:  I’ve never been in the military), it goes like this – who is the enemy?  What advantages do they have?  What are our resources?  What’s the best way to proceed?

Gaining an understanding of my spiritual enemy takes away my fear.  Spiritual battle is just that:  battle.  As always, I appreciate Neil’s ability to analyze and report the facts, as well as bring us around to what’s important:  If you continue to walk in the light you don’t need to be afraid of the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.