welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

September 8, 2011

Tell us how you really feel

Have you ever read Psalms through, carefully?  For all the warm, sweet passages of praise, there are tons of words of hatred and revenge!  It’s kind of shocking, especially when those two are back-to-back.  I figure maybe it all made more sense when it was put to music…

David gives us such an awesome example of a man who deals honestly (and openly) with his feelings, but arrives at the right conclusions. 

Psalm 13 is one of my favorites:

O Lord, how long will you forget me?  Forever?  How long will you look the other way?  How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul, with sorrow in my heart every day?  How long will my enemy have the upper hand?

Turn and answer me, O Lord my God!  Restore the light to my eyes, or I will die.  Don’t let my enemies gloat, saying, “We have defeated him!”  Don’t let them rejoice in my downfall.

But I trust in Your unfailing love.  I will rejoice because you have rescued me.  I will sing to the Lord because He has been so good to me.

I want to be as quick to spill everything to God in prayer, and as quick to land on this:  trust and gratefulness.  That’s my focus for today…

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.