welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September 7, 2011

Speaking the truth in love

It’s funny – this discussion came up last night, before I sat down to read Neil’s stuff:  there’s something that’s bugging me and I’d love to get it off my chest and maybe resolve it, but is it something my friend wants to hear?  Will it help the relationship, or break it, even if just a bit?

The question for me is when I need to put down my selfishness (thinking just of my needs), and when I need to stop being a doormat.  There is an option which includes me holding my tongue for the sake of not injuring someone else, but also removing myself from harm’s way.  But even that is tricky stuff.

The phrase that keeps coming to mind is the instruction to speak the truth in love (Ephesians 4:15).  If I can’t be loving, until I figure out a way, I probably need to keep my mouth shut…and pray for wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.