welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

September 14, 2011

Not my own

Contemplating my journey through this book, I was asking myself this:  How am I really different?  Where am I making honest changes in my life?  Are they happening, or do I just have good intentions?

And then today, Neil writes this:  We have been purchased by the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ…when we pick up the cross we affirm that our identity is not based in our physical existence but in our relationship with God.

My life is not my own.  I think I may need to write that on my arm with a Sharpie to remind me at all times… 

Regarding my questions a couple of paragraphs ago, I’m making a bookmark to put in the Bible I read every day.  It’s pretty, of course, but it’s also something I want to pray every day:

God, today I take up the cross of Your Son.  You bought me with your own blood; my life is yours.  Today, instead of being focused on what I want, I choose to be attentive to what You want.  You made me; You love me.  Today, I’m going to stop trying to become something I’m not, and instead, rest in the finished work of Christ, who made me something very special.  My life only finds meaning in You.

And if you want, I’ll make you one, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.