welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Monday, September 12, 2011

September 12, 2011

On ruling the world

Today’s reading cracked me up.  Neil’s understatement on why man (had he written it recently, I’m sure he would have used gender-inclusive language) wouldn’t be good at being God:  He lacks the necessary attributes to determine his own destiny.

It’s such a contrast when we put it into perspective…  I’m reminded of the words of one of my favorite worship songs:

            We are a moment, You are forever
            Lord of the ages, God before time
            We are a vapor, You are eternal
            Love everlasting reigning on high

            We are the broken, You are the healer
            Jesus Redeemer, mighty to save
            You are the love song we’ll sing forever
            Bowing before you, blessing your name

            Holy, holy, Lord God almighty
            Worthy is the Lamb who was slain
            Highest praises, honor and glory
            Be unto your name, be unto your name

            (Be Unto Your Name – from the CD Revival in Belfast)

In the universe, there’s good – God – and there’s evil – Satan – and we’re caught in between, made of mortal stuff, choosing whom we will serve. 

That’s the big picture.  And it comes to bear in the little, everyday stuff – every willful, selfish choice I make relates to the struggle of good vs. evil.  Maybe I’m not trying to rule the world, just my little corner of it, but what I need to practice is turning over that job to the One whose resume says He can handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.