welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

September 15, 2011

Isn’t it ironic…

We want to be free to do what we want, and as a result, we become slaves to sin.

We submit to God as our master and let Him have ultimate control, we end up in total freedom. 

How’s that for irony?

I appreciate, too, that today Neil touches on what (to me) trumps the question of who is in control.  He points out the joy of the experience of walking with the Father.  We don’t submit to Him because we have to; we do it because we want to. 

And it occurs to me that it’s all about us wanting to…  When He put Adam in the garden, He gave him a choice:  obey, or don’t.  All of His dealings with Israel – His courting her, instructing her, pleading with her to come back – were centered on wanting Israel to willingly serve Him. 

He wants me to want the thing that’s going to be best for me.  Because of the way God created me, I will never be totally happy or fulfilled unless I’m walking close to God.

Thinking about all this makes me amazed, and grateful.  It tells me about the character of the God I serve; it makes me want to walk even closer beside Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.