welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

September 13, 2011

All we need is a good step-ladder…

My kids love to help out.  Sometimes, they even step in when it comes to telling each other they have a time-out, or other helpful instructions.  My response is always the same:  How about if I be the Mommy for today?  I promise, I’ll do my best – but thank you for trying to help me.

Today’s reading got me thinking about how things would run around here if I let one of my kids be Mommy for the day.  Wow.  It’s really hard to fathom…  Why?  Because they aren’t old enough, mature enough, or have an adult’s perspective, not to mention the height of an adult, which comes in handy for getting down the cereal boxes. 

One key difference here is that if I do my job well, my kids will someday grow into the mature adults we hope for, and will be every big as good a parent as I am, and hopefully better.  I, on the other hand, will never grow up and be God.  That doesn’t stop me from being bossy sometimes, though… 

I’m going to hang on to that picture when I’m struggling with letting God be in charge of me.  He’s patiently telling me:  How about if I be God for today?  I promise – I’ll do My best…

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.