welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Saturday, May 28, 2011

May 28, 2011


Get angry…

While it seems simple, today’s entry spells out an enormously significant truth:  first, that my freedom’s been won already and there’s nothing I can do to earn it, and second, that there are some things I must do to apply it.  It’s kind of like those frequent-flier miles you’ve racked up – they’re not really much good to you unless you spend them, right?

So there’s nothing I can do to get free, just believe the truth, but there’s something I have to do to stay free.  I’ve got it, I think.

First, I have to choose the truth.  It seems simple, but sometimes the lies I live with are familiar and comforting.  Sometimes I’m like an addict who can’t let go of the thing I know is toxic.  I’ve built my self-concept around a lie, and I don’t know where to go from here.  But God’s grace is amazing, all-encompassing, and it takes me where I can’t go by myself.

Second, I have to assume my responsibility to take authority over the enemy.  It’s not passive – I have to actively resist.  There are days I’m tired and don’t feel like fighting; there are days I fall into old patterns and don’t even see the battle that’s waging in my mind.  Being a child of God is a lot of work, but the work is all worth it…

There are other things I need to do, too – confess sin, forgive others – walking in truth requires a lot of courage.  What’s my motivation to do all that?  When I read in Ephesians about the armor of God and doing spiritual battle, I picture a warrior, fierce and angry at the enemy.  I need to be reminded of the destruction the lies of the enemy can do, and I need to feel that righteous anger that propels me into battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.