welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Monday, May 23, 2011

May 23, 2011


Nothing is impossible

When I’ve read the verses about telling a mountain to throw itself into the ocean, and I think about what I usually find impossible, it’s stuff dealing with people.  People are hard to change.  Hard hearts are hard to make soft.  But all that is no problem for God, provided there’s a level of cooperation involved, right?

Today, though, as I’m pondering the impossible, I’ve got two other things that I’m pondering. 

First, are there things God wants to do around me that I’m just not asking for?  The mental picture was like a video game with secret thingamagigs (no, not a gamer, you guessed correctly) that unless you know what they are and how to get them, you can’t unlock some key parts of the game.  Where are the thingamagigs God has put around me?  What has the Holy Spirit been telling me to ask for, and I haven’t been paying attention? 

Remember, it’s all about furthering His kingdom.

And the second thing is, usually I’m thinking about the impossible things in other people – she (or he) is never going to change! – as it pertains to them coming to know Christ.  I’m often asking God to do the impossible as it relates to someone having a change of heart and being open to the gospel.

But what are the mountains in my heart that God would throw into the ocean if I would only ask?  I need to hear from Him what they are.  I think that starts by asking the right questions…

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.