welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

May 26, 2011


Crazy stories

Are you like me?  Do you get your mind blown by some of Neil’s stories?  Some days I struggle to see how such an extreme example applies to me.  I’m really glad that girl got things worked out, by the way.

And then I get to the last paragraph…  Christians tend to miss the supernatural, and end up trying everything else, unsuccessfully, to solve their problem.  Is that me?  I don’t know. 

Instead of scrutinizing everything in my life today to see where I might have invited spiritual oppression, I think I’ll just pray and listen and ask God to show me if and where there’s an issue here.  If there is, I know God will tell me.

Mostly, there’s huge value in being educated about spiritual things.  They will come along, and if I’m ignorant and unprepared, there won’t be much I can do.  And God has more for me – and you – in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.