welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May 24, 2011


The one with the oxen

When it comes to the way we’re supposed to live our lives in relationship to God, there are so many metaphors – remaining in the vine, walking in the spirit, abiding in Christ – but wow, did the one about the yoke come alive with today’s entry. 

As many times as I’ve read that scripture, I never got it.  Truth be told, I don’t spend a lot of time around oxen. 

The idea is that I need to pay attention and keep in step…  It’s like Goldilocks:  too fast and I’m struggling, too slow and I’m struggling…  The pace Jesus sets for me is just right. 

What’s the takeaway for me today?  Taking the time to ask and listen what’s next, keeping my heart tuned in to what He’s saying, and letting Him be in the driver’s seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.