welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

May 27, 2011


Spiritual discernment

A few days ago, I wrote about the uh-oh feeling we all have (and all need to pay attention to).  Today, we’re reading more about the value of being sensitive to what the Holy Spirit is saying to us.

As I felt the pressure building that there was one more thing I need to really work hard for, I read Neil’s last sentence:  Our personal relationship with God is made possible by the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit who does not silently sit by in the face of danger, but prompts us to choose what is true and right.

God is good, and He’s working on my behalf!  He’s more than able to overcome my lack of sensitivity; I have no doubt that He is able to make Himself heard.

I know this from experience…  During a tough period of my life way back in college, I had resisted asking God specifically what He wanted me to do because I was afraid to hear the answer.  And then in the course of a couple of days, He used phrases from three different conversations with people I trusted to confirm what He was trying to tell me.  They stuck with me in such a profound way that I knew I was hearing God’s heart for me.  Because of that, I was able to make the right decision.

Do I need to work on my sensitivity to the Holy Spirit?  Yes.  But I also trust that if there’s something I’m missing, God will make Himself known to me in the gracious way He’s always done.  Wow – I’m so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.