welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

April 5, 2011


More on God’s will

On the topic of jobs and promotions, years ago I heard this:  If I take care of my character, I can trust God to take care of my career. 

It made sense to me – sure, I need to look at the big picture now and then, but if I neglect the small things, the big things will never happen.

I’ve got this idea that while, of course, God has a plan for me, He isn’t as concerned with what I do for a living as He is with how I do it.  I could become a doctor or a missionary or the President, and He wouldn’t be impressed.  He would be concerned with what kind of doctor, missionary, or President I was…

So it’s okay to dream, but really, it’s all about living in the moment.  God will use me if I’m walking close with him, no matter how insignificant I am.  May I have the courage to live out His will in the small things today…

2 comments:

  1. Well, if I take care of my character, I can trust God to take care of my.... casa!? LOL I couldn't find anything else to work for my life! But, my point is that the same can be true in any area in life, right? Dont sweat the small stuff but love is in the little things!

    Lord let my character be built to glorify you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder, with budget cuts and layoffs and not knowing what is around the corner it is so good to be reminded what I already know in my spirit. God will take care of the big things, I just need to keep my eye on Him.

    Jesus said, "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow" (Matthew 6:33, 34).

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.