welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Friday, April 22, 2011

April 22, 2011


Scrubbing Bubbles

As I read today’s entry, I’m thinking about the believer who thinks they are a bad Christian because they can’t stop themselves from making the same bad choices they made before they were saved. 

We’ve covered this ground, sure, but it hits me again that the enemy uses the a good thing – our desire to please God by doing what’s right – and turns it into guilt and condemnation.  For a new believer who doesn’t know better, it’s so easy to get discouraged and give up! 

The process by which we learn the discipline of saying no to our old ways begins in our thinking.  We must, as Neil puts it, transform our old pattern for thinking…by renewing our minds.  How do we renew our minds?  One way is by soaking in God’s word. 

I love the imagery in Ephesians 5:26…  The passage is speaking to husbands about how to love their wives – the same way Christ loved the church.  It describes how Christ gave Himself as a sacrifice for the church, to purify her and make her clean.  The imagery is that of being washed in the word. 

How cool!  As I read and digest God’s word, it’s at work, cleaning me on the inside.  I’m picturing the Scrubbing Bubbles cleaner – you spray it on, and even when you aren’t paying attention, they are still working. 

I change my behavior by renewing my mind as I read God’s word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.