welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

April 16, 2011


Mirror, mirror on the wall

When Neil starts talking about someone he’s known over the years, I brace for impact.  Today’s story, however, was totally sweet.  I could totally picture Claire, couldn’t you?

I’m challenged by today’s entry in two ways.

First, I want to be a Claire.

We have a family friend named Myrene…  To pass her in the grocery store, you probably wouldn’t notice her, unless you looked closely.  She always seems to be smiling, and I’m pretty sure she glows.  I was at a retreat one time where she spoke on Proverbs, and I was blown away by her simple, unassuming, but totally wise teaching.  I walked away a better person for having spent time with this sweet lady, and she continues to inspire me.

I’m reminded of basics like substance over style; inner beauty over outer beauty.  The small things I need to work on are as important as the big issues in my life, and I get lazy.  I’m facing the day with renewed energy to get to work…

And second, I want to see Claire in somebody that I might have missed.  I loved Neil’s description of her:  Claire simply believed what she perceived herself to be, a child of God…she was so positive and caring toward others that everyone loved her.

There’s such a beauty in the confidence that says I know who I am in Christ.  It’s why I’ve chosen this devotional for my project; it’s what I want to share (with a little help from Neil).  My prayer for you (and for myself as well) is that we are just a little bit farther along on that journey today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.