welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Friday, April 1, 2011

April 1, 2011


A bit of  my story

My brother and I were adopted as infants, raised by loving parents.  I can’t ever remember having a big talk in which we found out; it was something we always knew, something we talked about, something that made us special.

Here’s how my parents explained it to us…  Our birth mothers loved us enough to give us up (what a hard thing!).  They were making sure we were cared for in a family who wanted us. 

Our mom and dad loved us before they ever met us.  They sought us out, went to great lengths to get us, and from the moment they saw us, we were theirs.  They used our story to illustrate the way God the Father loved us, came to get us before we even knew Him, and are adopted into His family.  What a sweet example!

It helps me in terms of thinking about my place in God’s family now, too.  Growing up, I never felt like I had to do anything to earn a place in the family; I knew I wasn’t just an addition, I was a daughter. 

Our place in God’s family is just as special, just as important, just as secure.  God’s love isn’t based on who I am, it’s based on who He is, and that will never change.  I think I needed to be reminded of that today.

Actually, the verse at the top is on my list of favorites, especially this part: 

…we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him just as He is…  (1 John 3:2)

1 comment:

  1. Michele that was beautifully said, what a great story you have.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.