welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April 20, 2011


I want my two years back…

What a story!  Anything that starts out “When I was in the Navy…” is worth reading, in my book… 

My first thought was, Ok, Neil – how did you spend two years with this new Old Man and not get him?  And then I was reminded of how I put the baggage from my growing up onto God… 

For some people, having an abusive or absent father leads to not being able to fully trust the Heavenly Father.  For me, it was a parent whose approval I never felt I earned, so I’ve gone through life worrying about God’s disapproval.  He’s made it pretty clear in His word how He feels about me – wouldn’t you think I’d know by now? 

What was your experience growing up?  My parents are good, loving people who raised me to love God, and yet they were still just imperfect people.  I don’t blame them, but unless I look at the patterns I established in my early years, I won’t fully be able to break free and lead a healthy life.

The thing that struck me most about Neil’s story was that he spent two years fearing this man…  I was sad for those two years that were wasted!  How many years of my life have been wasted on what’s less than God’s best for me?  What can I do to remedy that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.