welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Monday, April 11, 2011

April 11, 2011


Back to the question of mental illness vs. demonic activity… 

The part that made me smile was this:  Research based on the scientific method of investigation of human spiritual problems is not wrong; it’s just incomplete.  It ignores the reality of the spiritual world because neither God nor the devil submit to our methods of investigation.

Yeah, probably they object to the probes and stuff…

It reminds me that sharing Christ isn’t an intellectual exercise.  Usually, people who want to debate about God and science are looking for an excuse not to believe.  I’m reminded that it’s the Holy Spirit working in a soft heart that does the job, not an excellent argument. 

I’m also reminded to ask God to sharpen my discernment, whether I’m dealing with someone who may or may not have mental illness, or someone who may or may not have a soft heart.  God is at work to heal people and bring them to Himself – may I be about that work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.