welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

More on rock 'n' roll

If you’re a regular reader, you might remember a day not too long ago spent on this very topic.  In case you missed it, it was August 22nd:  Neil vs. rock ‘n’ roll. 

Instead of dwelling on the negative, today I was thinking about the beauty and power of music – it’s a gift from God!  He designed music to connect with us at a deep level.  I’m guessing He gets as much enjoyment out of it as we do.

Every once in a while, I think about how long humans have been writing songs…  Every one is unique, every one an expression of that person who wrote it.  And we haven’t run out of melodies or lyrics yet!  How did God come up with something so amazingly complex, yet so universal? 

God could have created the world in any way He wanted.  He didn’t have to paint the mountains different colors in the fog, or at sunset; He didn’t have to make a masterpiece in the sky every time clouds roll in.  There’s so much beauty in what He created, and it’s all there to make us go looking for Him.  Every piece of music may not be spiritual, but to me, if it’s beautiful, it points to the creator and brings joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.