welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Monday, October 3, 2011

Humility and diligence

So, at the end, was Neil saying that everyone with spiritual problems (conflicts, as he puts it) has some type of sexual sin going on?  Or is it that sexual sin almost always leads to spiritual problems? 

Probably he meant the second thing, but I was a little confused.

I also wondered about Neil’s statement:  Sexual lust demands physical expression… 

I’m pondering it because we’ve just spent months covering the fact that once I belong to Christ, because I’m a new being, I have the power to say no to sin.  Maybe he meant that sexual lust pushes towards physical expression - ?  That I would agree with. 

Okay, I don’t want to get all hung up on the wording of today’s entry…  It’s caused me to be reminded of this – I can read about sexual lust and sin and think I’m okay on that score, but in reality I need to maintain humility and be diligent to keep my thoughts pure.  Nobody wakes up one day and says, I’m going to commit sexual sin!  It happens in small degrees.  Today, I’m renewing my resolve, as well as my humility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.