welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

You're who, now?

I have a friend who says this:  I am who God says I am.  (Hey there, friend!)  Simple, but oh-so-profound.

Tonight was open house at our kids’ school, and I found myself in a social environment in which I am waaay uncomfortable:  a (noisy) room full of people I barely know, but must be friendly with.  For 45 minutes.  I’m getting better at it, but it’s situations like these that take me back to my awkward days.  You know, the ones that are still going… 

Why am I so ill at ease?  I think it’s because I forget to quit looking around at all of them and how I fit in.  I forget to still myself inside instead, to be at peace with God in me and who I am in Him. 

They say that confidence goes a long way toward making a good impression, and over the years, I’ve learned to fake confidence like there’s no tomorrow.  My real confidence, though, doesn’t need to be faked – He is steady and secure, and will always be there.  And I am who He says I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.