welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Forgiven

What a black-and-white picture of how God’s forgiveness transforms us:  no longer a prostitute, but a queen.  Neil’s question is profound:  Why would you want to live as a prostitute if you were a queen?

God knows my past; He knows all my failures and weaknesses.  He knows I don’t deserve His grace.  I don’t deserve to be a queen.  Our enemy loves to get us sidetracked and distracted by pointing this out, as if, despite all God has done for us, because we didn’t deserve it, it’s not really ours.

Thankfully, what He did wasn’t because of who I am (although He loved me before I loved Him), but because of who He is.  Therefore, I never have to earn my position.   It’s who I am, not what I do. 

I know this is familiar territory; we’ve covered this very subject in detail months ago.  I’m challenged today, though, as I see it in a new light, and am motivated to make sure I’m really getting the truth into the core of who I am.  Once that happens, I’m not easily lied to by the enemy; I am free to represent Christ and His kingdom.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.