welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

The forgiveness card

I was pondering forgiveness this morning, reading Neil’s entry for the day.  I was thinking about how when someone as hurt me, it feels like they hold some power over me.  It feels as if the only way to be free from that helplessness and pain would be for that person to stop doing whatever it is, acknowledge the pain and suffering they’ve caused, and apologize.

Part of the strategy of the enemy is to appeal to our sense of justice:  it’s only fair that the offender make things right!  And yet, here is the problem – my freedom is based on what someone else may or may not be willing to do. 

The balance of power shifts when I realize that I have the ability to play the forgiveness card.  Suddenly, it’s up to me as to whether or not I live in helplessness and pain.  When I choose to forgive, I’m released from it.

It’s an awesome reminder this morning that the way God relates to us is from a starting point of forgiveness; it’s who He is, and it’s what He is making us to be.  Thanks, Neil, for the reminders today.  I needed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.