welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Calling out the good

Have you ever had someone speak something to you that you know came directly from God?  I’m thinking about encouraging words, maybe something somebody noticed about you that perhaps nobody else ever had (maybe even yourself!). 

I can remember a few of those instances – a friend of the family, a teacher, a choir director – someone who called me out for something good, when what I really believed about myself was that I wasn’t worth calling out.  Those people saw potential; they had the eyes of faith to see in me what could be, not what was.  They made me who I am today, and I am so grateful.

It’s with great humility that I read Neil’s words today, because I often find myself focused on correcting my kids, and forget to comment on what they’re doing right.  When I was a kid, there were things I wish I had been noticed for; I want to be the Mommy who notices those things about my kids.  And says so out loud. 

Today, I’m going to look for those opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.