welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

June 29, 2011

Deep water

Neil writes:  We dispel the darkness by turning on the light…  How very simple!  And what is the light?  It’s truth – the truth of who God is, and the truth of His word. 

Here’s the process…  I take the thoughts that the enemy is giving me a hard time with, and find out what God’s word has to say about it.  I’m forgiven!  I’m a daughter of God.  He has washed me clean.  He has a plan for me, and His purposes are for good…  I can go on – there’s lots more!

I write down the Bible verse(s) on a post-it or index card and keep it near me.  And then when those thoughts come again, I do what Jesus did – I use God’s word to win. 

Neil also talks about prayer, and references these verses:

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.  If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:6-7

Praying the scripture is a powerful way to pray…

And I just have to laugh at the analogy of treading water and trying to keep corks under water!  What?  Who would do this?  I suppose we do, when we waste our time and energy on the wrong things.  Oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.