welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 28, 2011

Citizenship

My newly-minted brother-in-law is having trouble obtaining a visa to come to the United States for a vacation, so I’ve got citizenship on my mind these days…

He’s from a tiny country in Africa where he and my husband’s sister recently got married, and all they want to do is visit the States and introduce him to the fam.  Sounds simple, right?

Turns out, not so much.  I’m not sure who it is that has a problem with such a visit, but maybe on paper, missionary work isn’t all that permanent-looking, and they’re on the lookout for shifty types who will come on a visa and then stay uninvited.

Getting a visa can be tricky, depending on your citizenship.

In order to become a citizen of somewhere, the requirement that’s usually imposed (unless you can do dual-citizenship, but those are rare) is that you renounce your former country and all affiliations. 

The same was true for each of us when we became citizens of heaven.  Not only do we not belong to the enemy or the world any longer, in order to truly be for Christ, we must be against the enemy.  We can’t let any old ties remain…

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.