welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

June 25, 2011

Unity

Apparently, Neil wants us to find some middle ground.

I’m picturing the church as a family…  The grandparents, who have been around long enough to have seen God work in mighty ways, are convinced that He will do things in the same exact way forever in the future. 

And the young folk – the teenagers and young adults – roll their eyes and chafe under the burden of tradition.  It’s actually important – they need to hear God on their own; they need to find a meaningful relationship with God instead of riding on the family coattails. 

And in the middle of it all, what’s the important thing?  What’s precious and worth protecting at (almost) all costs?  Unity. 

If we’re truly operating in Christ, love for each other will come before getting our way.  God can use the young to teach the older ones, just like He uses the older folks to teach the young. 

Any time I write off someone else’s idea without listening, thinking, and (gasp) praying about it, I’m in danger of being either a grumpy old person or an insolent young one.  Neither advance God’s plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.