welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Friday, June 10, 2011

June 11, 2011

My sister-in-law recently got married in Africa. 

When she was in college, she spent a semester abroad studying.  For some reason, she chose South Africa.  She was not walking closely with the Lord at the time, but felt drawn there, and greatly enjoyed her months there.

A couple of years later, she began pursuing the Lord in earnest, and applied to a missions/church planting program in South Africa, with the thought in mind that she might stay in the area to run a hostel as a way to reach people with the gospel, as well as housing missionaries, etc.  She loved the missions program, and eventually, the plans for the hostel fell to the wayside as new vision took hold.

She was assigned for her outreach to a tiny country, where she heard God’s voice calling her to minister to the people of the village she worked in.  And in the process of it all, she met the love of her life, a guy who grew up in that village, attended the same program in South Africa as she did, and felt called back to his own village. 

So the true love part of the story is pretty awesome, but I’m focusing on the part where my sister-in-law was moving forward, feeling confusion with all the course corrections, and in the end, winding up right where God had in mind all along.  Could it have happened any other way?  Probably not. 

Once again, Neil sticks the landing:  It’s in the doing of God’s work that His will becomes known.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.