welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

June 22, 2011

Losers

Have you ever watched a football game (or, feel free to insert your favorite sport here) that you already know the outcome of? 

We don’t have a lot of time to watch football – boo! – but we’ve tried a few times to record a game, and then go back and watch it, especially if we heard it was a good game.  Know what we discovered?  It’s really hard to drum up the same excitement we would have had if the game was live, even when we didn’t know the score!

Now imagine if you were a player on one of the teams, and somehow, we could know the ending score…and your team won’t win.  I have so many alternate reality questions – how would my flagging enthusiasm affect my play, and then would the final outcome be different?  Or would cosmic forces intervene and make the score end up right?  But I digress…

The high school I went to had, at that time, a weak football team.  We loved them anyway, for the record, but we were pretty sensitive about the fact that we rarely won games. 

Is my post all about football today?  No, it’s about the reality that Christ won a victory for all time on the cross.  That’s a reality, not just an abstract idea.  The team the enemy and all his minions play for has already been defeated; as a believer, that reality needs to be the starting point for me as I think about spiritual things.  Satan may be powerful, but I don’t need to have any fear.

I’ll end with this from Neil:  Affirming the truth of Christ’s victory and Satan’s defeat is the primary step to successfully combating the enemy’s attempts to intimidate you and hassle you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.